Appointing a Property Solicitor

At this stage, you should appoint your own solicitor to deal with the legal formalities of the purchase including completion, handover and occupation. The legal process of transferring property ownership is known as conveyancing which your solicitor will advise you on.

Your solicitor will then deal with our legal team to arrange contracts, and complete all the administrative work associated with the transfer of land between us and you. We work with an experienced panel of solicitors and so can recommend someone to you, should you wish.

The process involves carrying out local authority and land registry searches and organising property surveys, all which help proceed towards the exchange (the point at which the buyer and seller exchange contracts).

Once the exchange has occurred, the sale is legally binding and neither side can change their mind without the agreement of the other side. Any necessary arrangements, such as for surveys by any lending institution and for handover and occupations can be made by contacting our sales advisor.

All Anwyl homes are sold on a freehold basis.